the NerdHerd Reads

Just a self-proclaimed nerd who likes to read and review (mostly YA) books. You can find me on my blog The NerdHerd Reads or on Twitter @nerdherdreads. Might drink too much coffee ;)

A Beautiful Mess Happy Handmade Home {by Elsie Larson and Emma Chapman}

A Beautiful Mess Happy Handmade Home: A Room-By-Room Guide to Painting, Crafting, and Decorating a Cheerful, More Inspiring Space - Elsie Larson
Step inside the world of Elsie and Emma, the sisters behind the décor blog A Beautiful Mess.  With tiny budgets and a crafty, can-do attitude, they overhauled each room in their first homes with DIY projects using family photos, vibrant fabrics, flea-market finds, and affordable furniture. Now, you can learn how to paint, craft, and decorate your way to a happy, bright space with distinct personality. In the same upbeat spirit and modern style found on their blog, you’ll find fresh, all-new projects including:

• An inspired geometric-pattern coffee table made of balsa wood

• A hand-lettered statement wall featuring your favorite quote

• A quick and easy electrical tape update for your refrigerator

• A set of beautifully designed serving dishes

And more!

Packed with bonus styling tips from hanging the perfect gallery wall to making mismatched furniture work, Happy Handmade Home is design inspiration for personalizing your own space.

I've been following the blog A Beautiful Mess for awhile now. From back when it was small, just Elsie and Emma, to the huge thing it has become, with an entire team. I've enjoyed watching them grow and expand. And now, the girls have expanded into... books. While I wasn't super interested in their photography book, since my favorite part of their blog is the DIY's, I was really interested in this one.

I loved the inside look this gave us into their homes and personalities. While we do see a lot of that on the blog as well, I loved seeing all that pictures and inspiration. I've already gone through and thought about which projects I want to attempt myself.

This is the perfect inspiration book. It's more than just a book of how-to's. The girls have infused it with their personalities, and it's also just a lot of fun. I also love that all of the projects are in one place, for easy reference.

Whether you are decorating a new space, getting bored of an old one, or whatever reason you may just need some inspiration, this is the perfect book that will help and guide you, while still being fun to read. I would highly recommend it.

This review can also be found on   Rachel Marie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Elsie and Emma of A Beautiful Mess:

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube

I received a copy from the publisher in exchange for my honest review. This does not affect my opinion in any way.

Source: http://thenerdherdreads.blogspot.com/2014/09/spotlight-sunday-happy-handmade-home.html