the NerdHerd Reads

Just a self-proclaimed nerd who likes to read and review (mostly YA) books. You can find me on my blog The NerdHerd Reads or on Twitter @nerdherdreads. Might drink too much coffee ;)

Breathless {by Brigid Kemmerer}

Breathless - Brigid Kemmerer

This review also appears on the NerdHerdReads

Nick Merrick. The quiet one, especially compared to his hot-headed twin, Gabriel. Although we're getting to learn about him in bits and pieces, I feel that we still don't really know Nick. So this novella was a nice little way to tide us over as we wait for his full-length book.

This was a quick, light read. We get some insight into Nick and his feelings: he just wants to go to college, he doesn't like to fight, and he isn't quite sure what to make of his girlfriend, Quinn. Not going to lie, Quinn just kind of annoyed me. But being the kind and caring person Nick is, he puts up with her, being pretty much the perfect boyfriend ever.

And we all know about perfect boyfriends…

Now I know I'm not the only one who didn't pick up any hints in the previous books. And I'm pretty sure everyone already knows what I'm talking about from the description and other people talking about it. But just in case it is a spoiler for anyone, I won't say anything. Let's just say Nick is having some thoughts that he doesn't know how to deal with…

I also would like to give props to Brigid Kemmerer for choosing what is a difficult and controversial subject. She isn't afraid to talk about it and bring it out into the open. I can't wait to see what Nick's full length book will bring on this subject.

Source: http://thenerdherdreads.blogspot.com/2013/06/short-story-sunday-breathless.html