the NerdHerd Reads

Just a self-proclaimed nerd who likes to read and review (mostly YA) books. You can find me on my blog The NerdHerd Reads or on Twitter @nerdherdreads. Might drink too much coffee ;)

Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins This review also appears on the NerdHerdReadsI was not expecting to like this book as much as I did. Sappy love stories? Not my thing. At all. So imagine my surprise when I found myself enjoying this. Anna has been sent to a boarding school in Paris her senior year by her father, who thinks she needs to be "cultured". She isn't very happy, as she has to leave her friends and almost-boyfriend, as well as start over at a completely new school her senior year. At the same time, she's slightly excited. After all, it's PARIS. Anna was a likable and realistic teenage girl. The thoughts and decisions she had were believable, and it was refreshing to read about such a normal person.The book had substance, as well as being a light and fun read. I loved the relationships between the friends just as much as Etienne's and Anna's. The descriptions of Paris were detailed and made me insanely jealous, making it seem like a livable place instead of just a tourist attraction.The only thing I would say I didn't like was Etienne drawing out the whole "I have a girlfriend" bit. Also, once Anna realizes she "loves" him, it goes downhill from there. She turns into one of Those Girls (We all know which ones I'm talking about). I realize that I'm pretty the only one who has these feelings, as everyone else I guess is too busy swooning over Etienne.Still, I liked the book. It was a fun read, and I would definitely recommend it.